Monday 20 August 2012

Date #12 - Weekend Brunch - Balderdash

Image Courtesy: Urban Spoon

N and I have been to Balderdash Cafe (295 Bay St, Port Melbourne), many many times so I thought I should add it to our list of dates. Weekend brunch is something we both love to indulge in as I can never poach eggs, let alone more than one at a time as well as someone at a cafe can.

At Balderdash I generally switch between ordering the
Corn, zucchini & haloumi fritters with crushed avocado (pictured above) and a poached egg and the Avocado, lime & goats cheese on turkish bread, topped with a soft poached egg topped with a poached egg. N always orders eggs benedict and we both love to add on a LOT of sides. They are very quick to serve you and are consistently very good. They have a large communal table and lots of smaller tables too both inside and out.

Afterwards we do sometimes try and go for a walk up the street to try and work some of it off, but usually I try and go to the gym beforehand as after a big brunch I don't want to do much!


Cost: 

Balderdash Cafe: Corn Fritters $14, Eggs Benedict, $16, Tea, $4 x 2, + lots of sides

Total cost: $52

Night of the week: Saturday

Date rating: 9/10


Verdict: Always always love brunch and will definitely be repeating this date as we have done many many times before
.

No comments:

Post a Comment